Honoring the voice and leadership of Indigenous women, this beautiful statement blanket was designed by Nahua and Maya artist Votan and in collaboration with Native-owned lifestyle brand Eighth Generation and NDN Collective.
The “Defend” blanket highlights the necessity of Indigenous women in this pivotal time of movements for justice and equity for all people and the planet. Featuring a Lakota winter count design in the background, the “Defend” blanket also honors those who came before us and the rich culture that roots us here at NDN Collective.
In our commitment to honor the creative labor of the artist, NDN Collective is paying 21% of all blanket sales to the artist Votan.
- 2-sided design
- Covers top of Queen Size bed (59 in x 78 in, 200 cm x 150 cm)
- Colors include navy, yellow, orange, red, and turquoise
- Suede Edge Band
- 100% New Zealand Wool
- Designed by Votan (Nahua, Maya)
- Recommended care is Dry Clean Only. However, you can rinse your blanket on a gentle, cold setting. Hang dry away from direct sunlight.
- Clean liquid stains immediately with warm water and mild detergent.
- Never use harsh chemicals or scrub wool.
- Store blanket away from direct sunlight.